Thursday, March 12, 2009

Ouch!!

Well, yesterday afternoon I gathered my junk out of my car as I was going to Mike's to get my car washed. Without watching where I was going, I missed the ever so small step onto the sidewalk and lost my balance - I fell onto the cement on my knee, hit my arm on a brick that surrounds the flower patch and landed in the mulch. The first thing I thought of was "I hope nobody saw me!" I couldn't get up right away because my arm and knee hurt so bad. Once I got up, I saw blood dripping down my leg and managed to get back into my apartment. I went upstairs and cleaned up the scrapes, bandaged and hurting, went back downstairs to ice my arm. Needless to say, I did not go back out to get my car washed. This morning, when I got ready to leave for work, I noticed that I had never locked my door from yesterday. Anyone could have just walked in and robbed me or murdered me or worse.

I did get to Mike's car wash today and you would not believe how clean my car is. It's been such a long time since I've had it washed that when I came out of Walmart, I thought my windows were open - they were sparkling clean!!!

I am looking forward to my trip to NY/NJ. Jenn is going to feed my cat while I'm gone. She does get very lonely and I know she misses me -- not Jenn, the cat.

Well, time to get ready for bed and redress my wounded knee...

2 comments:

jenn said...

Hey, I'll miss you, too...lol!

Missy said...

Aww, I am sorry you hurt yourself. I hope you get to feeling better soon!!!

What a cool trip ahead! Take lots of pics, so you can post them for us nosey people!!