Saturday, March 21, 2009

No place like home....

I returned home today from my week long trip to NY/NJ to visit with Cheryl and Tami and the grandchildren. Got to see the son-in-laws before they left for their golfing trip. My mom also was up from Florida so it was a great visit altogether.

We celebrated Matthew's and Ashleigh Sue's birthdays on Sunday. Cheryl had arranged for a firetruck to come - he parked right in their driveway - siren on and all. He did a great job talking about fire safety and he let the children try on all the equipment. Mattie did not want to sit in the driver's seat at first but finally did with Michael. They all got to spray with a small fire hose. Lots of fun for all. The party was a great success, even Ashleigh seemed to enjoy it. I will try to post pictures in the next few days.

I stayed with Cheryl on Saturday and Sunday and then we met Tami for lunch in Hicksville so I could be with her for her sonogram. It was great to see Dr. Sommers again - he did my surgery 16 years ago and still remembers me. The sonogram was so interesting - we could see the baby's nose and tongue sticking out of its mouth. Don't know the sex yet but everything looked good so far. Keep praying!!

Tuesday we met my mom and sister for lunch and then Cheryl drove to Tami's on Wednesday and stayed until today when she took me to the airport in Newark. We had a wonderful time - the week flew by so quickly. I went to Kevin's hockey game - got to see him score too!!
The boys are growing so fast.

My cat is driving me crazy - she missed me soooo much.

Till next time...

1 comment:

Missy said...

Glad you had a wonderful time! Can't wait to see pictures!