Monday, February 9, 2009

Well, the home inspection went much the way I thought - several pages of things that were wrong. Unfortunately, some things were way more than I wanted to get involved with repairing. I know I have wonderful son-in-laws and son who would help me but I think the repairs would have been extensive and expensive! At least I can get my earnest money back from the real estate agent - the home inspection fee was not refundable but worth every penny. He did a very thorough inspection. So, I am staying where I am for a while longer - save some more money and look for something even better. God is good and He will provide. I know I was losing faith when I was in the valley and those are the times when our faith should be the strongest. I'm working my way back up the mountain and know that God is with me every step.

Jenn's birthday celebration yesterday was fun. I'm glad she liked my elephant cake - I enjoyed decorating it and can't wait for the next birthday. I already have an idea for Terra's cake - hopefully we can get together this weekend.

I am babysitting for Carson on Saturday - Colleen is bringing him over early - about 6am. I bought a Dora/Diego DVD today at Walmart and hope this will help him be more content when his mother leaves.

4 comments:

Kristin said...

Hello to Jenn's mom!! I'm a follower of hers, and now you too!
I wanted to tell you that you did a great job on that elephant cake, it looks so cute and I bet it was yummy!

Mom Knows Everything said...

Hi Jenn's mom! Your daughter is a sweet heart and a very good friend!

Vixen of Vixensden.com said...

Welcome to blogging! I loved the elephant cake, great job.

jenn said...

Mom...the point of the blog is to write on it! :)