Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Baby Shower

This past weekend I went to NY for Tami's baby shower. The theme was ducks and it was absolutely wonderful. The weather was great - a little hot in the sun - but otherwise a beautiful day. The children were in the pool most of the day. The adults were served delicious food. One of Tami's friends made the cake in the shape of a tub with a yellow duck on top - STUPENDOUS!!!! She is very talented to say the least. Tami received many gifts and was excited to get the room prepared for baby Jake. Cheryl did a wonderful job with planning the shower and everyone who contributed in any way were greatly appreciated. Colleen made a diaper cake which came out adorable. The swing from her siblings was a perfect gift. She received gift cards and money to complete what she didn't receive as gifts.

I enjoyed being with my daughters and their families although the trip was short. I am glad I went. Won't be a bit surprised if Tami has a big baby - I guessed 9lbs 3ozs and 21 inches long - we'll see.

I am now back to seriously looking for a house to buy. I hope I can find one before the interest rates get too high. Holly e-mails several listings almost everyday so I'm sure something will strike my fancy soon.

Well, I was up till 2am this morning and I'm fading fast so I am signing off.

Till next time....

No comments: